the sections on this page contain information about epe’s reliability and outages. review these helpful tips to help you prepare and know what to do when an outage occurs in your neighborhood.
power outages are more common in hot weather months than at other times of the year. learn more about what causes outages during the summer and strategies that can help minimize the effects.
thanks to the hard work and efforts of our transmission and distribution employees, epe has consistently obtained high reliability ratings. click here to review our reliability ratings in texas and new mexico.
My EPE Outage
沙巴体育网download this app and get instant reporting and notification capabilities at the touch of a button. apps are available for apple and google smart phones.
沙巴体育网el paso electric is responsible for the maintenance and repairs of some 30,000 streetlights in its service territory. epe appreciates your help in finding lights that are malfunctioning. you can report streetlight issues here.
in the event of a power outage, el paso electric’s dedicated team is on call 24/7, committed to restoring your power as quickly and safely as possible. learn more about our power restoration process here.
outages can happen for several reasons, including extreme weather and auto accidents. you can find answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about outages by clicking below.
Preparing for an Outage
here are some things you can do to prepare in case an outage occurs in your home or business:
- Prepare an outage kit that includes flashlights, battery-powered or wind-up alarm clock, battery-powered radio, extra batteries, a manual can opener and first-aid kit.
- Know the location of your home’s fuse box or circuit box.
- Cordless phones don’t work if the power is out. Have a standard phone or cell phone as a backup.
- Automatic garage door openers don’t work if the power is out. Check the instruction booklet for manual override.
During an Outage
- Avoid opening the refrigerator and freezer doors. A full, unopened freezer should keep food frozen up to 48 hours. Food should stay cold in an unopened refrigerator for 24 hours.
- Disconnect appliances that would go on automatically when power is restored or that may become damaged due to voltage irregularities. These appliances include computers, VCRs, televisions, stereos, and answering machines.
- Candles can be fire hazards. Never place them near flammable materials and never leave them unattended.